12/31/2012

My NaNoWriMo - week 4!

And so it came down to this final week of November. My tree and I entered the week feeling foolishly arrogant about finishing on time because this was the week I was asked to intern at an amazing company.

After working all day I found myself too tired to write anything so I was a bit lax on meeting my word count targets for each day and by the time the 29th came around, I was in a mild panic that I would fall at the last hurdle.

I had 6000 words left to write and barely any time at all to catch up properly. And this was where I needed to put my essaying cap back on. I suppose in many ways, having just finished my Masters  helped me to grit my teeth and push through my tiredness to finish.

The obstacle I needed to get through this final week was nothing big. It was just time. Time was running away from me and I needed to get through it and catch up.

And I did. At 10 minutes to midnight, I finally finished the 50,000 words. The novel is nowhere near finished but NaNoWriMo helped me to put a considerable dent in a novel I never knew was swimming around in my head to begin with.

And that is the best part of my NaNoWriMo experience. :)

Expected NaNo Word Count at end of week 4: 50,000
My Word Count: 50,078

No comments:

Post a Comment